I’m bulletproof, so fire away
I’m bulletproof, so fire away
This affirmation is inspired by the song Titanium, by David Guetta featuring Sia.
It’s all about finding your inner strength and becoming bulletproof.
Bulletproof means ‘resistant to the penetration of bullets’.
Becoming bulletproof is all about being able to resist the penetration of criticism, intimidation, negativity and failure.
The secret to becoming bulletproof lies within your own mindset.
It’s time to get mentally tough.
Focus on yourself. Society tells us to be kind and sensitive to others, and sometimes we worry so much about other people that we forget to look after ourselves.
Just remember when you’ve sat on a plane, with the cabin crew taking the passengers through the safety demonstration; they always say “fit your own oxygen mask first”. Which makes perfect sense, because if you don’t, how can you possibly be in any fit state to help anybody else?!
Who do you want to be?
- I want to be a more positive person, who loves life but understands the need for balance.
- I want good relationships with family and friends - but recent events have made me re-assess things; in times of need I have learned who my real friends are as opposed to ‘fickle friends’. I don’t need thousands of Facebook friends who I don’t see or speak to from one decade to the next. It’s all about quality, not quantity.
Talking about social media, I’ve cut back on how much I use it. And the benefits?
- No more pointless posts. Who needs to know where I am and what I’m doing 24/7?
- No more getting sucked into other people’s dramas and pointless, petty arguments.
- No more click baiting negative stories designed to divide people and stir up hate.
Stop fighting over trivial crap because you/we are missing the really important stuff!
- Banish ‘fickle friends’ - they take up far too much negative time and energy.
- Stop trying to change yourself in order to fit in or be liked - everyone has their opinions and beliefs. You don’t have to change them or yourself to become worthy or popular.
- True friends will love and accept you for who you are.
- Surround yourself with people who are going to lift you up, not put you down.
- Believe in yourself - have conviction in your beliefs and don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Learn from your mistakes and focus on things you can change or improve rather than procrastinate over the negative stuff that is out of your control.
Be the best version of you
- Look good, feel good.
- Get plenty of exercise. You don’t have to become a slave to the gym. A brisk walk is just as beneficial, and gets you out amongst Mother Nature with her natural healing and feel good factor.
- Eat a balanced diet - lots of healthy food and drink, plus the odd treat - a little of what you fancy does you good!
- Yoga is great for the body, mind and soul - strong body, strong mind, strong life.
- Try guided meditation - the magazine has a whole host of them to suit whatever moods/emotions you're experiencing/feeling, with hypnotherapist Joolz Raven Stewart. They really help with a positive mindset.
What do I want to achieve?
I want to STOP wasting time and energy on people who don’t matter.
I want to STOP giving a f*ck about what others think of me!
I know who I am and what I’m about.
I know the truth about me and that’s all that matters.
I have no power over what other people think or say about me, therefore it’s a waste of my time and energy trying to influence that.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but
words will never harm me!”
We know words can hurt but they are just words. No more, no less.
I want to STOP taking life too seriously.
I don’t want to get all bent out of shape, sweating the small stuff. I want to let it go over my head, because no matter how big or small, there is ALWAYS a solution to every problem.
I want to STOP partaking in the bull$hit and toxic madness on social media, with people forever trying to keep up with the Joneses or the latest celebrities, sunning themselves in exotic locations with the latest arm candy dangling off their wrists. It’s fake, it’s fantasy, an illusion they want us to buy into. IT’S NOT REAL LIFE!
Real life is family, true friendships, self-healing and well being.
Loving life and nature. Loving who you are. Living within your means and being content.
Making special memories rather than buying trinkets and shiny baubles to display and show off about on social media.
Enjoy being you.
Believe in yourself.
~ No matter what life shoots at you, it can fire away
because you are bulletproof ~