Menopausal Hotties - ‘C’ is for Confidence
The hottest topic in town: Menopausal Hotties...
‘C’ is for Confidence
Whether you’re perimenopausal or menopausal, those disruptive hormones often impact our bodies, minds and emotions in ways we could never have imagined. Many say that the changes can be life changing.
Potentially affecting our mood, emotions, body shape, loss of sleep, libido, hot flushes, night sweats, energy, anxiety, and more (yes more!), it’s no wonder that a lot of hotties report a drop in confidence. No sh*t Sherlock, thanks for stating the bleeding obvious, no pun intended. Much...
The great news is that Confidence isn’t a case of you either have it or you don’t. Confidence is a mindset, an attitude - a bit/lot like a muscle which can be flexed so that it can develop, grow or be reimagined. We simply need to work on it.
Being menopausal doesn’t mean we are ‘less’ in any way; nope, it can be quite the opposite. We are hottie warriors, with a wealth of experience and a life lived, so come hear us roar!
Let’s explore some tips, ideas and practical advice on how we can grow and develop our confidence:
- Surround yourself with positive confident people. Confidence is contagious. It’s said that we are the sum of the people we spend the most time with and are influenced by.
- Pass it on. Try and help build someone else’s confidence, pay a compliment, or be a support. We hotties are a tribe; and as a tribe we can overcome anything. Together we are stronger. There are plenty of ways life can knock us down. Let’s build each other up.
- Fake it till you make it. It’s not being fake, it’s about projecting your best self, hold your head up high, put a big smile on your face. The body can affect the mind and vice versa. For example, if you physically smile, the body believes you’re happy. Still don’t believe us. Ok. Imagine the taste from sucking on a lemon. Did you wince? Even slightly?! We rest our case!
- Be kind in how you treat and talk to yourself. (Re)discover what you like/love about yourself. Tell yourself daily you are fabulous, that you are strong, beautiful, wise, creative, loving, worthy, courageous, and that you matter.
- Switch and mix it up; try new things or swap your routines. It’s a great way to reestablish what works for the new hottie you; take charge, it’s your time, your life. What would you love to do? Now do it.
- Don’t go it alone, support is out there, talk to your fellow hotties, professionals, join support groups, your colleagues, family and friends who you trust in having your best interests at heart.
- Make a list. “what makes you feel good, what makes you feel bad and what would you like to improve. Go through your list and focus on doing more of what makes you feel good and how your can improve on those areas you want to.
Remember - you are powerful, you are a super hottie with the power to make decisions which are right for you.
Hotties - Not only is ‘C’ for confidence; it’s time to shrug off that self doubt, brush up your self esteem, get ready to take that first step and strut your unique Confident, Curvaceous, Charismatic and Chic sassy brand of Chutzpah!
Tags: Menopausal Hotties