Love it! Rock it! Own it!
When I get dressed I always think: "Where am I going and what fashion mood am I in?"
The answers to these questions determine which choices I make with my clothes, shoes and accessories - ultimately giving me an outfit I can feel confident and stylish in.
"Fashion shouldn't be taken too seriously. You've got to have fun with it, to make it work"
Every edition I am going to share with you:
**What's in my Wardrobe**
**A Heavenly Hint**
**A Heavenly Treat**
**Your “Fashion Heaven” Moments**
I want you to think of all the items in your wardrobe and all the endless possibilities of what you can create.
Let your imagination run riot. Have fun, glam up - Love it! Rock it! Own it!
**What’s in my Wardrobe**
This month is all about raiding the man - or even men - in your life's wardrobe. Bad news for my husband and sons - good news for me! I just love borrowing my husband’s shirt/t-shirt and dressing it up with great accessories. It’s an excellent way to add to your wardrobe without spending a penny! AND, you also get to ‘help’ him choose his purchases, happy in the knowledge that you will be wearing them someday soon!
- Look 1. A classic white tailored, Rags & Riches shirt - cinched at the waist with a fabulous sparkly crystal belt. This has been teamed with dark wash bootcut jeans and heels.
- Look 2. A classic navy tailored Rags & Riches shirt - worn open, over a Rags & Riches t-shirt. Again this is teamed with bootleg jeans and wedge heeled shoes.
- Look 3. An effortlessly simple white Rags & Riches t-shirt - casually worn with bootcut jeans and wedges. A crystal bangle adds some sparkle and glamour.
- Look 4. For this look I wear the white tailored Rags & Riches shirt again - this time accessorised with a huge black flower belt. I just love how the belt transforms the plain white shirt into a “wow” shirt. It looks incredible with the jeans and wedges.
- Look 5. Continuing the jeans and wedges theme - I add a black Rags & Riches t-shirt, accessorised with a brightly patterned scarf and a fabulous pair of oversized sunglasses.
Hair was blow dried and then curled using a GHD Classic Curl Tong.
Makeup was kept minimal, as I like the natural look.
Face: Base - Niod Photography Fluid; and foundation - By Terry. Combination of Charlotte Tilbury and Tom Ford blushers were used to create a soft natural glow.
Eyes: Creamy gold-tone eyeshadows - Charlotte Tilbury; black Givenchy mascara.
Lips: Different shades of lipsticks and glosses were used from the Charlotte Tilbury’s range.
Nails: Designed by me and Lucy of Irresistible Beauty. ‘Shooting Stars’ nail design - black swirls and gold/silver holographic glitter were painted onto a white base, and decorated with crystal stars. Check out my exclusive readers’ offer to see how you can get your hands on this stellar design and more.
**A Heavenly Hint**
We’ve all been there: You’re lying on the bed, sucking in your stomach, trying desperately to zip up your trousers/jeans - or - literally, squeezing yourself into a dress that is just too tight and makes you feel uncomfortable all evening, not daring to breath, eat or drink!.
My solution to this dilemma is - always buy a size bigger and have it tailored to you. Tailoring will transform your clothes and is the key to having clothes fit you perfectly.
**A Heavenly Treat**
After a holiday and spending time in the sun, chlorine, salt water and air conditioning, my hair can get dull, frizzy, dry and brittle. So how do I get my hair looking healthy and gorgeous again?
I treat myself to a luxurious hair mask*.
After shampooing my hair I apply a generous amount of the hair mask, massaging it in gently and then wrap my hair in a warm towel.
While the mask is working its magic, I put my feet up, relaxing with a cup of tea and a magazine.
After 30 minutes I rinse the hair mask off. This is followed by a good conditioner, brushed through with a Tangle Teezer.
My hair is back to feeling soft and shiny in no time at all.
* Heavenly Treat bonus tip. Take a look at this month’s lush list to see which of the most versatile oils in the world, makes a great substitute if you don’t have a hair mask to hand.