Jamie Worcester - I enjoy being surrounded by others
Every month I will give you an affirmation, which is a short, powerful statement, allowing you to be consciously in control of your thoughts ~ so when you repeat them frequently or think about them, they will enforce positive thinking and begin to shape your reality.
I will help you understand the meaning behind the words and how you can harness the energy of the words in order to start each and every day with positivity and hope.
Worcester’s Words of Wisdom
Worcester’s Words of Wisdom this month are:
Do you enjoy solitude, or do you enjoy being surrounded by others?
Are you a people person, or do you resonate more with Greta Garbo who quipped, “I want to be alone”?
I think I can safely say that most people like a healthy balance of both. I know I do.
I am more than content to be by myself, playing music, reading, exercising, cooking; but sometimes, I can feel lonely, with just my thoughts for company, echoing through my mind.
Ultimately, I love having people around me, being part of a team, that wonderful feeling of belonging, achieving a common goal together, or just simply supporting each other and being there for each other.
I have cultivated a large circle of friends. I belong to a football team, a circle of spiritually and psychic-gifted people, and last but by no means least, I belong to Team Heaven.
How does being surrounded by people benefit my life?
They bring to my life ~
Because we ~
- Are all in this together
- Win together and lose together
- Never take negativity from defeat, only positivity, and the desire to move forwards
- Have a laugh on days/nights out ~ laughter really is the best medicine
- Chat and tell each other what's going on in our lives
- Check in on each other's wellbeing
- Listen to each other's problems, giving our opinions and sound advice on how to help
- Are always truthful, and there’s 100% trust ~ we've got each other’s back
- Tell each other our hopes and dreams, and offer encouragement to keep each other on track with our goals
So what advice would I give in order to surround yourself with a fabulous group of friends?
- Find a new hobby which involves other people ~ birds of a feather, flock together!
- Find out what’s going on in your area and join a club, a choir, a cookery class, an exercise class, a walking group. The options are endless.
- Look back at your friendships from the past. Reach out and try to reconnect.
- Re-discover your friendship, what made it special, and is it worth the effort of getting in touch?
Social media can be helpful for this, however, social media can also be a lonely place, endlessly scrolling through other people’s lives. You may think you’re engaging with people by leaving a comment, but nothing is more rewarding than an actual conversation face-to-face rather than speaking via emojis.
- Live in the present. Live in the real world ~ not the virtual…
- Start making plans to see friends and loved ones sooner rather than later, and stick to those plans, rather than cancelling at the last minute with a crap excuse because you can’t be bothered to put in a little effort.
It’s good to talk ~ to connect ~ to share problems ~ to seek advice or give advice.
That's what friends are for. And that is why I enjoy being surrounded by others.
Hello everyone - my name is Jamie Worcester, I am 26 years old and I live in South Wales.
I have been attending spiritual and Reiki healing sessions with Joolz Raven Stewart at Ravens Therapies since the age of 20, and have fallen in love with every aspect of it and what it did for me in terms of how it made me feel.
It was pretty dramatic as there was an immediate release of stress and a feeling of deep relaxation.
When I was a kid, I always wanted to be some sort of healer, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on what I wanted to do or what it was that I was searching for. When Jooz told me that I had healing hands and that I should go deeper, explore my gift and become a healer myself it started to make sense and everything began to fall into place as soon as Joolz said those special words - they changed my life…
When I met Emma Heaven and performed Reiki on her, she told me that not only did I have healing hands, but also healing words, which in turn has inspired this feature.
“Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair.
Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.”
This amazing quote sums up the power of words perfectly, and I am going to use my spiritual and Reiki healing combined with the power of words, to help and encourage people to be more positive and live a more fulfilling life. I suppose you could call them ‘Worcester’s Words of Wisdom’!
You can get in touch with me via my Facebook Page: Facebook.com/Jamie-Worcester-Spiritual-and-Reiki-Healer
Worcester’s Words of Wisdom
Tags: Jamie Worcester