Tara Hammett - Sweet Potato & White Bean Burger
Let the lifestyles of the fit and fabulous inspire you to achieve the life and body you’ve always wished for...
I can help you transform from feeling miserable, unhealthy and tired to CONFIDENT, full of energy and in LOVE with life.
Make my lifestyle programme your lifestyle programme. Stop blaming and complaining...
Stop Wishing...Start Doing...
‘You are what you eat’
Sweet Potato & White Bean Burger
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
1 large diced onion
2 large handfuls spinach
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tin drained cannellini beans
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
Peel, cube & steam the sweet potato. Add to a big bowl with all the other ingredients. Mash all together. Split into 8 and shape into burgers.
Add some oil to a pan and cook the burgers for approx 5 minutes on each side. Serve with a big salad or your fave veggies.
Each burger is approx 125 kCals. Enjoy 2 as a serving.
‘Feel the fear - but do it anyway’
When we lack sleep this can have an effect on weight loss and motivation.
This will be down to two important hormones.
Ghrelin - which signals hunger.
Leptin - which signals fullness.
When you do not get enough sleep, the body makes more ghrelin and less leptin.
This means you'll feel more hungry. So your appetite goes up and you feel like eating your way through your tired day!
So my tops tips for you and me today are:
1) Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated will be so important and if you feel like you want a cuppa - opt for a herbal tea instead. I'm going to opt for ice cold drinks today to help keep me feeling more invigorated.
2) Eat plenty of protein. This helps to keep you feel fuller so can ward off those munchies.
I had whey protein in my porridge, I have a protein bar for a snack and some chicken meals in plastic containers in the fridge, from the slow cooker prep I did in the week.
3) If you can nap, have a 20-30 min nap. I'm not going to. When Danny has his sleep I have so much work to do and will actually make myself feel more stressed, so I'm going to soldier on.
4) Walk. I'm going to have a walk down the beach later to keep my circulation going and keep my brain alert. When you're tired your body will naturally want to move less so rather than giving half an effort in a workout, stick to walking which will be much more manageable.
5) Portion control meals. Increased appetite can make it harder to avoid cravings and eat more food. So even if you avoid treats you can still overeat at your meals.
6) Get to bed early. This won’t be hard. Catch up on some missed hours sleep and wake up feeling more energised, less sluggish and more in control.
So you can see how important sleep is for weight loss and energy in more ways than you may have realised.
I hope I’ve given you something to think about; and please watch the video below for this month’s ‘Ask Tara’ - it could possibly give you answers to questions that you may have.
Tags: Tara Hammet