Debbie Buss - We all have the power to heal within us
Is life passing you by?
Hello I'm Debbie Buss. I am an Intuitive Healer and Spiritual Coach. My passion is working with women, helping them to get back into their forgotten bodies.
*Warning: This column contains strong language and adult content!
We all have the power to heal within us
The body is a powerful barometer that when we tune in and listen to what it is telling us we have the power for deep healing.
As an intuitive I listen to how my body is reacting daily. If I have woken to a pain in my lower back - and it's not from pulling a muscle and have been feeling stressed recently from outside influences - I trust and listen to what the messages are being sent to me. This is what is known as an intuitive hit.
Intuition has nothing to do with fortune telling or if we will meet that right person. Intuition is the perception without time, it is the ability to use energy data to make decisions in the immediate moment, it is about being in the here and now.
Intuition for the most part makes its presence known to us by feeling uncomfortable, depressed and anxious. Our dreams can have an intuitive nature, where we receive symbols of change or chaos. My dreams recently guided me to seek out some food intolerance tests.
We all are born intuitive. It is not something we learn (by going to the school of intuition), we just develop it over time. Intuition is our truth, it is the voice of our spirit.
I had known for ages that certain foods were making me ill, yet I didn’t listen to my body and would often suffer the pain. The tests proved that my intuitive hunches were correct; once I eliminated certain foods from my diet, I felt so much better.
When I work with clients, I can feel what is going on with them at a deeper level. As an empath I start to feel in my body for instance, that a client may be suffering with persistent migraines. I do not have them, so when I start to experience a headache by merging my energy with theirs, I take on their pain and suffering. I listen to the messages that their body is telling me.
For some, intuition means receiving clear direction rather than intuitive guidance. Intuitive guidance does not mean following a voice, it means having the self-esteem to reorganise that the discomfort or confusion that you may be feeling is actually directing you to take charge of your life and make choices that will break you out of stagnation and misery.
If a person suffers from low self-esteem they cannot act on their intuitive impulses because the fear of failure is too intense. Intuition can be enormously effective only if the person has the courage and personal power to follow through on the guidance it provides. Guidance requires action, but it does not guarantee safety. You must be fully aligned and in complete alignment with yourself to follow the guidance and act on it.
I want to guide you how to start listening to the messages that your body is sending you through the power of the chakras.
A chakra is a centre of organization that receives, assimilates, and expresses life force energy. The word chakra literally translates as ‘wheel’’ or ‘disk’’ and refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetic activity emanating from a nerve ganglion branching forward of the spinal column.
There are seven of these wheels stacked in a column of energy which span from the base of the spine to the top of the head. There are also minor chakras in the hands, feet, fingertips and shoulders.
The chakra system originated in India more than four thousand years ago. In the 1920s, chakras were brought to the West by Arthur Avalon with his book ‘The Serpent Power’. Today they are a popular concept linking areas of the body and psyche with associated metaphysical realms.
Chakras are not physical entities in and of themselves; like feelings or ideas they cannot be held like a physical object, yet they have a strong effect on the body as expressed by the embodiment of spiritual energy on the physical plane.
Chakra patterns are programmed deep in the core of the mind-body interface and have a strong relationship with our physical functioning. Just as emotions can and do affect the breathing, heart rate, and metabolism, the activities in the various chakras influence our glandular processes, body shape, chronic physical ailments, and thoughts and behaviour.
By using techniques such as yoga, breathing, physical exercises, meditation and visualisation we can in turn influence our chakras, our health and our lives.
Chakra One ~ Root
- Element - Earth
- Name - Root (Muladhara)
- Purpose - Foundation
- Issues - Roots, Grounding, Nourishment, Trust, Health, Family, Prosperity, Boundaries
- Colour - Red
- Location - Base of spine
- Trauma - Birth trauma, Abandonment, Malnourishment
- Deficiency - Obesity, Hoarding – material fixation, Greed, Fear of change
- Healing practices - Reconnect with the body, lots of touch, massage
Affirmation ~ “It is safe for me to be here”
Chakra Two ~ Sacral
- Element - Water
- Name - Sacral (Svadhisthana), Sweetness
- Purpose - Movement and connection
- Issues - Movement, Sensation, Emotions, Sexuality, Desire, Need, Pleasure
- Colour - Orange
- Location - Lower abdomen
- Trauma - Inherited issues from parents
- Deficiency - Rigidity in the body, Poor social skills, Excessive boundaries, Fear of change, lack of desire, Passion and Excitement
- Healing practices - Movement therapy, inner child work
Affirmation ~ “I deserve pleasure in my life”
Chakra Three ~ Solar Plexus
- Element - Fire
- Name - Solar Plexus (Manipura)
- Purpose - Transformation
- Issues - Energy, Activity, Will, Self-esteem, Power
- Colour - Yellow
- Location - Solar Plexus
- Trauma - Shaming, Physical abuse, Inherited shame from parents
- Deficiency - Low energy, Poor digestion, Overly aggressive, Dominating, Need to be right, have the last word, Temper tantrums, Stubbornness, Hyperactive, Eating disorders, Chronic fatigue, Disorders of the stomach, pancreas, gallbladder, liver
- Healing practices - Grounding and emotional contact, psychotherapy
Affirmation ~ “I honour the power within me”
Chakra Four ~ The Heart
- Element - Air
- Name - Anahata
- Purpose - Love, Balance
- Issues - Love, Balance, Self-love, Relationship, Intimacy, Devotion, Reaching out and taking in
- Colour - Green
- Location - Chest, Heart,
- Traumas - Rejection, Abandonment, Loss, Shaming, Divorce, Death of loved ones, Loneliness, Sexual or physical abuse, Betrayal
- Deficiency - Depression, Fear of intimacy, Narcissism, Jealousy, Poor boundaries, Clinging, Co-dependency, Shortness of breath, Tension between shoulder blades, Pain in chest, Asthma, Circulation problems
- Healing practices - Breathing exercises, journaling, inner child work, self -acceptance
Affirmation ~ “I am worthy of love”
Chakra Five ~ Throat
- Element - Sound
- Name - Vishuddha
- Purpose - Communication, Creativity
- Issues - Communication, Creativity, Listening, Finding one’s own voice
- Colour - Blue
- Location - Throat,
- Traumas - Lies, Mixed messages, Verbal abuse, Excessive criticism, Secrets, Alcoholics, Chemical-dependant family (don’t talk, don’t trust, don’t feel)
- Deficiency - Fear of speaking, Difficulty putting feelings into words, Shyness, Introversion, Poor rhythm, Inability to listen, Gossiping, Dominating voice, Interruptions, Disorders of the throat and neck, Tightness of the jaw
- Healing practices - Loosen neck and shoulders, automatic writing, letter writing
Affirmation ~ “I hear and speak the truth”
Chakra Six ~ Third Eye
- Element - Light
- Name - Ajna
- Purpose - Pattern recognition
- Issues - Image, Imagination, Visualisation, Dreams, Insight, Vision
- Colour - Indigo
- Location - Forehead, Brow, Third eye
- Traumas - What you see doesn’t go with what you have been told, Poor vision, Poor memory, Denial, Hallucinations, Obsessions, Difficulty concentrating, Headaches, Vision problems,
- Healing practices - Create visual art, meditation, dreamwork, past life regression
Affirmation ~ “I see all things with clarity”
Chakra Seven ~ Crown ~ Head
- Element - Thought
- Name - Sahasrara
- Purpose - Understanding
- Issues - Belief systems, Higher power, Vision, Unity
- Colour - Violet
- Location - Cerebral cortex
- Traumas - Withheld information, Spiritual abuse, Invalidation of one’s beliefs
- Deficiency - Learning difficulties, Migraines, Brain tumours, Dissociation from body, Ability to trust life, Values, Ethics, Faith and Inspiration
- Healing practices - Meditation, learning and studying, psychotherapy
Affirmation ~ “The world is my teacher”
As you can see the first three chakras have a huge impact on us from a sense of financials, security, and stability.
You can learn so much from your body, and using the power of the chakras, they can bring us to a place of acceptance and openness that allows the spirit inside us to be still and find peace and stability without constriction.
Love is not what we become but who we already are…
Lots of love
Tags: Debbie Buss