Let the lifestyles of the fit and fabulous inspire you to achieve the life and body you’ve always wished for...
I can help you transform from feeling miserable, unhealthy and tired to CONFIDENT, full of energy and in LOVE with life.
Make my lifestyle programme your lifestyle programme. Stop blaming and complaining...
Stop Wishing...Start Doing...
‘You are what you eat’
Chicken Shashlik & Onion Bhaji
Chicken Shashlik ingredients:
2 Diced chicken breasts
2 Red onions
For the marinade:
2 Tablespoons Natural yogurt
1 Teaspoon Ground ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground cumin
1 Teaspoon Coriander
2 Teaspoons Tomato puree
Salt & pepper
Mix the marinade ingredients together and mix the chicken in. Leave for 15-30
Load up your skewers alternating veggies & chicken.
Cook in the oven at approx 200℃ for 15-20 minutes or grill for 12-15 minutes turning occasionally.
Onion Bhaji ingredients:
1 Chopped Red onion
1 Can Chickpeas
½ Teaspoon Cumin }
½ Teaspoon Turmeric } increase quantities if you want to spice up your life!
½ Teaspoon Chilli flakes }
Salt & pepper
Cook the onions in a pan until soft with the cumin, turmeric, chilli flakes, salt &
While they soften and ‘cook off’ the spices, blitz the chickpeas and egg in your blender.
Add the spiced, softened onions to your chickpea blend and mix together.
Mould into approx. 8-9 bhaji balls.
Pop into the oven at approx. 200℃ for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
‘Feel the fear - but do it anyway’
EATING THE SAME BORING FOOD
Knowing what to eat and actually eating it is the biggest problem for so many wanting to get healthier and lose weight.
Even when many prep food and take it to work, or have it ready in the fridge ready for getting home, when temptation is there...people get tempted!
Go for a coffee...see that cake and Oops!
Take lunch to work...but have a look in the canteen anyway and Oops!
Eat a healthy meal, but get the sugar cravings and the choccy comes out.
Then there's the sneaky wine, a pick at children’s leftovers and the good old “I'll start again Monday” reason for not staying on track.
It's so easy to cave and give in to food that tastes a hundred times better than what you've prepared (especially if it’s another salad), but healthy food can be just as delicious as the temptation food and something to look forward to eating.
These month’s meals are so so easy to make.
I hardly made any mess, and I am THE MESSIEST COOK!!!
You can make extra so you have leftovers and it tastes delicious; and just the type of food you need to be eating if you want to lose weight and be healthier.
You can have good-sized portions so you're full.
They are the type of dishes to look forward to for dinner midweek, or even on the weekend instead of a Saturday night takeaway, plus everyone in the house will love them.
One thing that most girls say is they do so well, but the cravings kick in and they end up picking the wrong stuff.
Having your fave things MUST be part of your healthy eating plan.
These are the things that will help keep you on track in between making good choices.
Here's some tips:
- Write a plan for a few days with food you look forward to eating - scrap the little salad and get some comfort food in there!
- Accept that it's ok to have the odd treat. It’s all about a healthy balance. If you tell yourself you're NOT having something - you'll obsess over it.
- Try something new. If you've seen a recipe that looks amazing and you really fancy it....make it. You may have to pick up some ingredients besides your ordinary shop, but it may be something you'd love having regularly to help you stay on track.
- Use your slow cooker. I can't emphasise how fab these are. Throw everything in, keep it on low and let it do its work. Food can be so full of flavour with a few herbs & spices added. I'm not one for making my own stock or marinading stuff (too much time!), but I'm definitely a fan of throwing things together and Ta-Dah......yum yum!
- GET SUPPORT!!! Have you heard me say this before? Talk, talk & talk to someone about making changes with your nutrition. Ask questions, ask for help and get regular advice. It's not easy and having someone to encourage you will make it so much easier.
Now get some gorgeous food into your week - you deserve it!
Tags: Tara Hammet